Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
An uplifting oil invaluable for depression and anxiety. Its antiseptic properties make it useful for treating mouth and skin infections and helps with sore throats. Useful for lowering your temperature. It can help with eczema, psoriasis, acne and because of its lovely aroma, it can be used as massage oil or blended into creams and lotions. When used in aromatherapy massage, it can stimulate or soothe, depending on which essential oils it is blended with. It is fantastic for dealing with tension, depression and stress. Can help get rid of bad breath. Helpful with cystitis and urinary infections - it can be added to your bath or used as a local wash (diluted to 1%). Good for your digestive system. Bergamot essential oil is an excellent insect repellent and works even better when blended with Lavender oil. As for skin treatment, Bergamot has excellent antiseptic and antibiotic properties so is used quite extensively in the skincare industry.
- In concentrations above 1% it can be irritating to the skin.
- Bergamot essential oil is photosensitive (makes your skin more likely to burn) so it should never be used neat on the skin when going out in the sun.
- Even when diluted in carrier oil it will not protect you from the sun so should avoid sunlight for at least 3 hours.
- This oil should not be used with children.
- Avoid using during pregnancy.
Minyak pati Bergamot mempunyai sifat menenangkan, penghalau serangga, mengatasi masalah penghadaman, anti septik, anti virus dan anti depresan.
Bukan itu sahaja, minyak pati Bergamot bersifat diuretik yang berguna untuk selulit dan pengekalkan cecair.
Minyak pati Bergamot yang bersifat aperitif merupakan minyak pati paling bagus untuk merangsang selera makan.